Many young children can experience a number of issues in their lives that can have an impact on their mental health.
You may notice your child begin to withdraw, act out at home and/or at school, fall behind academically or complain of having no friends!
When working with children a therapist needs to consider the child's development and capacity to process their world. Typically a play based approach to working with children therapeutically is adopted as play is the natural language for children.
Some of the common childhood issues and disorders therapy can assist with include;
- Childhood anxiety and depression
- Attention Deficit (Hyperactivity) Disorder
- Oppositional Defiant Disorder
- Challenging behaviours
- Low self esteem and confidence
- Separation and attachment difficulties
- Grief and Loss